We are having a GREAT summer at Little Steps! Last month was filled with lots of fun activities. We stayed cool in our indoor playground, we came to school with cool costumes, had a blast tie dying our spirit shirts, we made great art and we cannot wait to see what August has in store for us. Thank you to ALL our teachers for their extra effort during the last two months!!! I cannot thank them enough for working during these times. The children had 2 amazing months; we have more fun days planned for this coming month and we’ll welcome some new staff members and more cute little faces too!
Upcoming Closing Day Little Steps will be CLOSED on September 7th-Labor Day
Off to a Good Start! During August, the teachers will focus on working on getting the kids back on track/ready to learn and grow their minds during this new school year. The theme for this month is "El Circo - The Circus"; the monthly lessons will be posted soon! COVID Monitoring We continue monitoring for any COVID case or exposure. We have sent one child last Friday home because the parents were exposed; we immediately removed the child from the class and disinfected everything. As usual we have disinfected the common areas and all the classrooms. Also, after 6:00 pm we fogged the facility. We learned by the end of the day, that the parents tested positive; they will need to quarantine and the child will be able to return as soon as they test negative. Please don't forget to keep taking the needed precautions in order to keep controlling the spread within our school. Thank you!
Sea Food Allergy
We now have a staff member that is allergic to sea food. We would like to please ask you to not pack any sea food for lunch (including, but not limited to shrimp, fish, tuna, etc.)
Important School Policies-PLEASE REVIEW
1. Monthly Supplies: (Diapers, wipes, tissues, etc.) Each parent is responsible to bring the supplies by the 3rd of each month. Please do not forget to label every single item.
2. Uniform: It is required for Toddlers 2 up to Preschool 2 to wear the uniform shirts with blue, khaki or jean bottoms. We will provide one if your child comes in with no uniform and $10 will be added to your account.
**Spirit Shirt: (Tie Dye) Allowed to wear on Fridays!
3. No Sugar: Sugary snacks, chocolate and gummies are not allowed. Only natural sugars such as fruits will be served. Milk and/or water are the only drinks accepted, no juices.
4. Arrival Time is by 8:45am: This is very important, all cleaning and disinfecting routines begin at this time, so each classes day can begin at 9:00am. NO child will be accepted without previous notice the day before.
5. LABELS: Please LABEL every single item you bring to school (bottles, cups, diapers, wipes, food items, etc.)
6. Backpacks/Diaper Bags: Do not bring backpacks or diaper bags; we need for you to use a lunch box to pack your child’s food items. If you need to send extra clothes, put it in ziploc bag.
7. Sick Policy: We will continue taking temperature in the morning and monitoring children throughout the day. If your child has 100+ fever, stuffy nose, unknown rash, pink eye, etc., he/she will be sent home. Parents must make the arrangements to pick up the child in a timely manner. A doctor’s clearance is needed in order to return to school.
8. Tuition: All weekly payments are due on Fridays, but you have up to Monday to pay with out late fees. After Monday 6pm, a $25 late fee will be added. Please take advantage of our Parent’s Corner and schedule your payments online.